APDT Australia Committee
APDT Australia is administered by a group of volunteers elected annually by the membership. The current Committee comprises:
APDT Spokesperson, Conference Coordinator
Louise owns Positive Dogs, is Delta Accredited and is a Professional Canine Trainer – Accredited (PCT-A) Dog Behavioural Trainer. Louise has served on the committee since 2008 and has been President since 2012. Louise has several qualifications, including a Bachelor of Science Degree and Certificate IV in Companion Animal Services. Louise has over 32 years of experience with domestic and exotic species in training and husbandry/management capacity.
Facebook Administrator, Workshop and Seminar Coordinator
Jude's bio coming soon.
Christine's bio coming soon.
The APDT Treasurer’s role is an executive committee position and is responsible for the financial running of the association. The role requires approximately 1–2 hours of work per week. Here is a list of duties the APDT treasurer will perform:
• Track all financial transactions (incoming and outgoing)
• Pay suppliers
• Maintain accounts via MYOB
• Reconcile all bank, PayPal, and credit card accounts each month
• Routinely monitor the balance in each account to ensure adequate funds for periodicals
• Transfer money between accounts as needed
• Produce a monthly treasurer’s report to the committee
• Produce a detailed annual treasurer’s report to the membership
• Submit annual financial details to the NSW Department of Fair Trading.
If this is something you can do to help the APDT, we would love to hear from you.
Coordinator Community Events, Awards and Online Shop
Alisa has a Bachelor of Science (Advanced) and completed an Honours project on horse behaviour with Professor Paul McGreevy. She is passionate about all aspects of animal behaviour. As well as her pet training business, you will often see her at APDT's community stalls and conferences, promoting the organisation's educational resources.
Rhonda is one of the longest-serving members on the Committee and has filled various roles over the years, including Click! Magazine and Newsletter Editor. Rhonda, an Accredited Delta Trainer, among other things, runs a successful business in the Lower Blue Mountains and is owned by two dogs, Toots and Jess – the joys of her life.